Malwarebytes released a component update for Malwarebytes 3.0.6 that updates the Component Package to version 1.0.75 fixing several long-standing issues along the way.
The new update, updates the previously release preview of the component package of the software. All users, regardless of whether they have installed the preview update or not, should receive the component package update to version 1.0.75 through the software’s automatic updating functionality.
The latest version is already offered as a download on the official website. So, if you have downloaded Malwarebytes just now, you have the latest version of the product installed already.
Malwarebytes 3.0.6 Component Update 1.0.75
You can check the version of Malwarebytes in the following way:
- Open Malwarebytes on your system so that the interface of the program is visible on the screen.
- Select Settings > About in the interface.
- There you find the Malwarebytes version, and more importantly for this update, the component package version. It should read 1.0.75.
If it does not, select Dashboard to go back to the starting page. Locate Updates under scan status, and click on the link next to it there to run a manual check for update. If it is not picked up, I’d suggest you download the program anew from the Malwarebytes website to update it this way.
You are probably wondering what has been fixed in the version:
- Fixed issue with imaging programs (such as Macrium Reflect) where large artifact files were left in the System Volume Information folder if a backup is created with anti-ransomware protection enabled
- Fixed problem where Web Protection and Anti-Ransomware may fail to start properly
- Fixed problem where Web Protection detections were failing on Windows 10
- Fixed problem where DNS was not resolving properly with Web Protection enabled
- Fixed problem where Web Protection did not show the proper block page when Bitdefender 2017 was also installed
- Fixed an issue where certain drivers were not stopped and unloaded in Free mode
- Fixed memory leak
- Improved overall malware detection and remediation
The update addresses startup issues of several of the security program’s components. In particular, it fixes issues with Web Protection not being enabled properly, and Web Protection related issues, such as DNS not resolving properly when the module ran in the background.
It is too early to tell whether component update 1.0.75 will fix all issues surrounding Web Protection and other components.
Malwarebytes notes that the update fixes several reported security vulnerabilities in the program as well.
If you run Malwarebytes 3.0 or later on your Windows system, you may want to make sure that the latest update is installed. It fixes several security issues, and long-standing issues that at least some users of the program had to live with since the release of Malwarebytes 3.0 Final.
Now You: Do you run Malwarebytes 3.x? What is your take on the new version?
The post Malwarebytes 3.0.6 Component Update 1.0.75 fixes issues appeared first on gHacks Technology News.