Microsoft has made available PowerToys 0.18.2. It is a minor releases with a few fixes. Most of the fixes were made to the Run launcher, including resolved issues when it is running as Administrator.
The change log includes the following highlights.
- #3223 – [Launcher, Tracker] doesn’t find some apps (file explorer, windows terminal,…)
- #3180 – PowerToys run shows Notepad en Notepad++ twice
- This is partially fixed, will be fully fixed in 0.19
- #3599 – Does not find Evernote
- #3532 – No camera in run
- #3215 – When PowerToys is running as administrator, everything Run launches is also ran as administrator
- #3646 – PowerToys Run shows no files or folders when running in admin mode
Note: For a few of the fixes, PT Run’s app data needs to be reset. Please delete everything in this folder:
You can download the app from its Releases page on GitHub:
As of now, Windows 10 PowerToys include the following apps.
- PowerRename – a tool that is intended to help you rename a large number of files using various naming conditions like search and replace a portion of the file name, define regular expressions, change letter case, and more. PowerRename is implemented as a shell extension for File Explorer (read plugin). It opens a dialog box with a bunch of options.
- FancyZones – FancyZones is a window manager that is designed to make it easy to arrange and snap windows into efficient layouts for your workflow, and also to restore these layouts quickly. FancyZones allows the user to define a set of window locations for a desktop that are drag targets for windows. When the user drags a window into a zone, the window is resized and repositioned to fill that zone.
- Windows key shortcut guide – The Windows key shortcut guide is a full screen overlay utility that provides a dynamic set of Windows key shortcuts that are applicable for the given desktop and currently active window. When the Windows key is held down for one second, (this time can be tuned in settings), an overlay appears on the desktop showing all available Windows key shortcuts and what action those shortcuts will take given the current state of the desktop and active window. If the Windows key continues to be held down after a shortcut is issued, the overlay will remain up and show the new state of the active window.
- Image Resizer, a Windows Shell Extension for quickly resizing images.
- File Explorer – a set of addons for File Explorer. Currently includes two Preview Pane additions to show contents of *.MD and *.SVG files.
- Window Walker is an app that lets you search and switch between windows that you have open, all from the comfort of your keyboard.
- PowerToys Run, provides a new Run command with extra options like quick search for apps, files, and docs. It supports extensions to get features like a calculator, dictionaries, nd online search engines.
- Keyboard Manager is a tool that allows remapping any key to a different function. It can be configured in the main PowerToys dialog.It allows you to remap a single key, or a key sequence (shortcut).