At Build 2016, Microsoft announced that Xamarin will come with Visual Studio for free. Xamarin will be in every edition of Visual Studio, including the free Visual Studio Community Edition, which is free for individual developers, open source projects, academic research, education, and small professional teams.
Develop and publish native apps for iOS and Android with C# or F# from directly within Visual Studio with no limits on app size.
For developers on the Mac, Xamarin Studio is now available as a benefit of your Visual Studio Professional or Enterprise subscription. Developers can use the newly-created Xamarin Studio Community Edition for free.
- Microsoft adds Xamarin benefits for Visual Studio Enterprise subscribers
- Build 2016: Xamarin to bring an iOS emulator for Windows
- Why Microsoft added 6 years to Windows Server support
- Microsoft will now let you decline the free Windows 10 Upgrade
- Microsoft Authenticator app now available for Windows 10 devices
- Avira Phantom VPN is a free VPN service for Windows 10
- Microsoft is bringing your Android notifications to Windows 10
- Never10 is a free app for when you absolutely, positively don't want Windows 10
- Microsoft Build: Windows 10 'Redstone' and HoloLens will star at Microsoft's dev conference
- Microsoft makes it easy to switch to Windows 10 with free PCmover Express