According to the latest NPD numbers, Microsoft Xbox One outsold Sony PS4 in the US gaming console market for the month of August. Thanks to the release of Xbox One S bundles and impressive lineup of games, Microsoft has now become No.1 two months in a row.
Mike Nichols from Xbox marketing team offered the following statement regarding this news,
“Thanks to our fans and their excitement for new Xbox One games and the recently launched Xbox One S — which is the only console available this holiday with built-in UHD 4K Blu-ray, 4K video streaming, and HDR for video and gaming — Xbox One was the best-selling console in the U.S. in August, according to NPD Group. In addition, we continue to see strong engagement on Xbox Live — the fastest, most reliable gaming network — with total global gaming hours on Xbox One consoles increasing 42 percent year-over-year. We’ve also received an incredible response to Xbox Design Lab, which saw millions of visits to the site and hundreds of thousands of designs created by fans. We’re excited to launch Clubs and Looking for Group on Xbox Live broadly this holiday alongside some of our biggest titles for the year, including ReCore, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4 and Dead Rising 4.”
Sony has just announced Sony PS4 Pro, their new console which will go on sale in November. It will be interesting to see who wins the console race this holiday season.
- The PlayStation 4 Pro HDR console won’t play 4K UHD Blu-ray discs and here’s why
- Upgrade Your PlayStation 4 Pro Or XBox Scorpio Like A PC? Don't Hold Your Breath, Console Gamers
- Benefits of Sony’s powerful new PlayStation 4 Pro far more apparent in person than streamed over the internet
- Microsoft introduces Xbox One X, World’s most powerful gaming console
- Xbox Project Scorpio Price: 5 Ways A $500 Price Could Doom The High-Spec 2017 Console
- Xbox Executive Claims Project Scorpio Will Deliver 'Really True 4K' Gaming Experience
- PS4 Pro's native 4K games trigger FPS drop
- The best Xbox One deals in November 2016
- Cheapest place to buy Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- PS4 Pro games: here are 30 reasons to get excited about Sony's updated hardware