How to Migrate Windows 10 to a Solid State Drive (SSD). EaseUS Partition Magic software can help you to migrate Windows 10 to SSD, without data loss.
EaseUS Partition Master is a free disk management software for Windows Systems. Besides the usual Disk Partition tasks the EaseUS disk partition software can be used to extend system partition (C:/ drive) or manage low disk space problem, copy or merge or split partition, recover partition and redistribute free space.
The partition manager supports various OS – Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and various languages – English, Deutsch, Español, Français, Português, Polski and Chinese.
It is a powerful Partition Magic alternative whose features can be divided into three broad categories:
- Partition Manager
- Partition Recovery Wizard
- Disk & Partition Copy
And here are the most exciting features of the software:
- Resize/Move partitions without data loss, like extending NTFS system partition without reboot to maximize PC performance.
- Safely merge two adjacent partitions into a bigger one without data loss.
- Convert FAT to NTFS file system.
- Copy entire hard disk to another or migrate OS from HDD to SSD without Windows reinstallation.
- Partition Recovery Wizard allows you to recover deleted or lost partitions from unallocated space.
- Convert primary partition to logical partition and vice versa: convert a primary volume to logical to create a fifth volume on a disk with 4 existed primary volumes.
- Convert MBR to GPT disk, and convert GPT to MBR disk without data loss.
- Wipe disk or wipe partition to permanently wipe sensitive data on disk.
- Support up to 16TB GPT disk.
The software also comes with an inbuilt Wizard that helps to migrate your OS to an ultra-fast SSD or a new HDD without any worry. The wizard comes handy when one wants to clone or copy a partition in a hassle free manner.
Resize or Move Partition
Users can resize partitions with EaseUS Partition Master Software. The best part about the program is that it supports drag and drop function. Which means users can upgrade system disk to a bigger one with one-click. Let us see how to resize partitions using the software:
1. Open EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Right click the D: partition that you want to resize.
3. Select “Resize/Move partition”.
4. Hover the mouse on the left partition bar and simply drag the handle to the partition size you want.
5. Now point the mouse on the right partition handle and again drag the handle to cover all free space until the handle can’t move.
6. If you are satisfied, click “Apply” to save changes.
Linux EXT2/EXT3 partition management
Fox Linux users the software can be helpful for Linux EXT2/EXT3 partition management. The EaseUS partition manager software supports ext2 and ext3 file systems under Windows Operating System. Which means it can easily be used to create, format, delete, wipe ext2/ext3 partition and recover lost ext2/ext3 partition. Besides ext2/ext3 partition management, EaseUS Partition Master can aslo manage FAT and NTFS partitions.
To create a Linux ext2/ext3 partition:
1. Open EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Select the unallocated space.
3. Right click it and select Create partition.
4. Select ext2/ext3 file system from the drop-down menu of file system and click OK.
5. Apply Changes.
Likewise, you can also format a ext2/ext3 partition or delete a ext2/ext3 partition. Not only this, you can recover a deleted or lost ext2/ext3 partition using the Partition Recovery Wizard.
Convert FAT/FAT32 to NTFS Partition
The software can be used to convert FAT/FAT32 to NTFS partition without data loss. Besides converting FAT to NTFS, EaseUS Partition Master also allows users to resize/move partition, copy partition, copy disk, explore partition, merge partition, split partition, etc.
To convert FAT/FAT32 to NTFS partition without data loss, open EaseUS Partition Master and then select a FAT12/16/32 partition. Now simply right click the partition and then select Convert to NTFS. Follow the on-screen instructions and you are done.
Convert Primary Partition To Logical Partition
As we all know that there are four primary partitions in the hard disk drive. Normally the fifth partition cannot be created. The only way to create a fifth partition is by converting the primary partition to logical partition (any one of the four primary partitions).
In such situation, the software can be of great help. The partition manager software converts primary partition to logical partition without any kind of data loss.
EaseUS Partition Master
EaseUS Partition Master software is available in five variants. You can download the software from Partition Magic Free Download page.
- Partition Master
- Partition Master Professional
- Partition Master Server
- Partition Master Unlimited
- Partition Master Technician