Mobvoi, a consumer electronics company that specializes in wearable devices, has announced the TicWatch GTX, an affordable new fitness tracking smartwatch that offers all the basic health monitoring features you’d want at a fraction of the price compared to the competition.
The TicWatch GTX will launch globally on September 3 at a retail price of just $60. Here’s what you get for that price:
- 24/7 health monitoring, including automatic sleep tracking. All data is accessible through either the Mobvoi app or through the smartwatch itself.
- 14 workout modes including running, cycling, swimming and yoga
- Durable 20mm TPU band and IP68 water and sweatproof rating for indoor and outdoor swimming
- Up to 7 days of battery life with regular use, and up to 10 days with Power Saving Mode
- 4 preloaded watch faces, with an option to use photos from your smartphone’s camera. Up to 17 additional watch faces are available.
In addition to the TicWatch GTX’s fitness tracking capabilities, the wearable also supports the usual smartwatch features, including notification support for incoming calls and messages. Mobvoi said the watch also supports music control, a stopwatch, a timer, showing the weather, using torchlight, and Find My Phone.
It’s worth noting that the TicWatch GTX does not run Google’s Wear OS, which may influence your decision to purchase the device. At just $60, however, the TicWatch GTX may be hard to pass up.
Preorders for the TicWatch GTX are available today, and you get a 10% discount if you order early. The smartwatch will officially launch on September 3 and be available from Amazon and Mobvoi.com for USD $59.99 / GBP £54.99 / EUR €59.99 / CAD $79.99 / AUD $89.99. The smartwatch will be available in a black color at launch.
The post Mobvoi’s new TicWatch GTX smartwatch offers fitness tracking, 10-day battery life for $60 appeared first on xda-developers.