Rayz Plus wired earphones integrate a Lightning port for charging your iPhone.
When Apple decided to remove the headphone jack from the iPhone, it was marketed as “courage,” but most people saw it for what it really is: a push to sell more Lightning port accessories (dongles!) and wireless headphones.
One of the big issues that owners encounter when using an iPhone 7 is how to charge it while listening to music or chatting. This can be achieved by opting for wireless earbuds such as the AirPods, but then that’s something else you need to charge. Pioneer decided to come up with a better solution, and they called it Rayz Plus.
Both the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus only have one Lightning port, so Pioneer went ahead and integrated a second one into the cable of its new Rayz Plus earphones. That way, you can plug the charging cable into the earphones cable and continue to listen to music or chat while charging.
There’s two models of Rayz available: the $99.95 Rayz and $149.95 Rayz Plus, and you’re going to have to spend the extra cash as the charging port is only integrated into the Rayz Plus. That’s a lot to spend of earphones, though, but thankfully Pioneer included a number of other useful features to help entice a purchase.
Both models include smart noise canceling, AutoPause (music pauses automatically when they are removed from your ears), a programmable Smart Button, Eco Mode, and personalized settings feature using the accompanying Rayz app. Every set has a built-in digital audio processor and amp for 24-bit 48kHz processing, and a feature called HearThru, which passes appropriate ambient noises through the noise canceling barrier. So you’ll be able to hear sounds that are important, such as a car horn or your name being shouted. I’ll be interested to see how well that works.
$150 may sound like a lot for a set of earphones, but it’s $10 cheaper than the AirPods, and the integrated charging port means you don’t need to carry a dongle around. So you can see why the Rayz Plus will be a tempting buy for iPhone 7 owners.
- AmpMe Provides Surround Sound on the Cheap
- Lightning in-ear noise-cancelling headphones? Yes, please!
- Earphones and the iPhone 7/7 Plus: How do they work, best earphones/headphones to use with iPhone 7
- How To Make Photo Memories In iOS 10, A Complete Guide
- Ubuntu Fairphone 2 Port Is Coming Along Nicely
- How to listen to Apple Music on multiple devices at once
- Best free iPhone games 2017
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium Review: In Depth
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs OnePlus 3T: Which is best for me?
- Red HTC U 11 appears, virtual render leaks