Pokémon Sun And Moon have been out for a few days, and that means trainers are working hard to make their parties strong enough to take on elite trainers in the campaign and multiplayer. Here’s a guide to five of the best grinding spots that trainers of all skill levels can use.
Before getting to the locations, though, we’d first like to point out a few items that can help you along your journey. The first, and arguably most important, of these is the Lucky Egg. The fastest way to get one is to collect at least 50 Pokémon and head to Professor Kukui’s Research Lab that’s right near your in-game house. Simply talk to Kukui and he’ll give you one. The Lucky Egg allows any monster carrying it to gain more EXP. Adrenaline Orbs and Experience Share are worthwhile to take advantage of too.
With that housekeeping out of the way, let’s get to the list.
1) Akala Island’s Paniola Ranch [Recommended Level 15]: Miltanks spawn in this area occasionally, and those offer substantial EXP rewards for patient trainers. With enough grinding in this location, reaching level 20 shouldn’t be much of a problem.
2) Akala Outskirts [Recommended Level 25]: Wingulls spawn around here to get you started, but the real prizes are high-level Alolan Raticates. They appear about 35 percent of the time and can sometimes offer EXP by the thousands if you’re lucky.
3) Vast Poni Canyon [Recommended Level 35]: At this point in the game, all wild encounters start getting pretty formidable. At the canyon, you’ll find any number of wild beasts that are level 40 or higher.
4) Altar Of Sunne Or Moone [Recommend Level 35+]: Outside the altar where you find your game’s main legendary are patches of grass that hide Lycanroc, Skarmory and Machoke. They are all leveled at 40 or above as well.
5) Melemele Island’s Battle Buffet [Recommended Level 45+]: In Hau’oli City is a large mall. Up the central stairs is something called the Battle Buffet. It costs 1,200 Pokédollars to enter, but it offers the EXP reward of battles with level-50 Pokémon. The buffet can only be entered once a day (without changing the clock of your 3DS) and is only limited to 10 battle turns a ticket. That means the faster you knock out these trainers, the more experience you stand to gain. It’s a great way to accumulate EXP for the Elite Four and beyond.
Pokémon Sun And Moon are available now on 3DS. Check out our bevy of previous guides to solve any troubles that might come your way. Also, thanks to Maxx on YouTube for help with this tutorial.
What are you favorite farming spots in Pokémon Sun And Moon? Are there any we missed? Tell us in the comments section!
How To Get Shiny Starters And Good Nature Legendaries
How To Catch Every Legendary In Alola
Munchlax Distribution: How To Download Special Snorlax With Z-Crystal
Ash-Greninja Transfer: How To Bring Special Pokémon Over From Demo
Z-Crystal Locations: Where To Find What You Need To Unleash Unstoppable Attacks
Ability List: Every New Skill In The Game
Attacks List: Every New Move And Who Can Learn Them
Mega Stone List And Locations: When Can You Get Mega Evolution In Alola?
Trial Guide: Early Cheat Sheet To Captains And Kahunas
EV Training Guide: Ally Chaining And Hyper Training Explained
Breeding Guide: Everything You Need To Customize Your Perfect Pokémon
TM Locations: Every Move And Where To Find Them In Alola
Affection Guide: How To Raise Affection And Boost XP Gain With Pokémon Refresh
Ultra Beasts: Everything You Need To Know
Battle Tree: Rules, Scouting And Everything You Need To Know
Zygarde Cell Locations: How They Work And Where To Find Them