- list the packages available in a PPA added on your system;
- download packages from PPAs without adding them;
- PPAs backup / restore, along with all the PPA keys;
- update single repositories using a command line tool (by the way, when you add a PPA using Y PPA Manager, it's updated without updating all the software sources) called "update-ppa" - usage example: "sudo update-ppa ppa:webupd8team/java"; this feature was implemented by Satya;
- some options that should help you re-enable the working PPAs when upgrading to a newer Ubuntu / Linux Mint version;
- remove duplicate PPAs;
- Unity quicklists / optional AppIndicator;
Under the hood, the application uses bash scripts and YAD for the user interface. Because of some limitations in YAD (which is still much better than Zenity), the GUI is not exactly perfect, but it does the job.
Install Y PPA Manager
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/y-ppa-manager sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install y-ppa-manager
Report any bugs you may find @ Launchpad.