If you find that the Printer icon is not showing from your Desktop, Control Panel, Devices and Printers, then you may have to tweak the Windows Registry. You will have to follow the same procedure as you did to list the Printers using the same printer driver separately.
Printer icon not showing
1] Having done this, type regedit in Start Search and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
Now navigate to the following key:
Right click on NameSpace > New Key.
Name the key as:
This is the CLSID for the Printers folder.
Now in the right pane, edit the value of ‘Default’ to ‘Printers’.
Exit Regedit and restart your computer and see if it has helped.
2] Run the Printer Troubleshooter.
Type the following in Start Search and hit Enter to open the Printer Troubleshooter :
msdt.exe /id PrinterDiagnostic
3] Uninstall and reinstall the Printer using the Devices Manager.
5] Run services.msc to open the Windows Services Manager and ensure that the following device-related Services have the following Statup types:
- Device Management Enrollment Service – Manual
- Device Association Service – Manual (Trigger Start)
- Device Install Service – Manual (Trigger Start)
- Device Setup Manager – Manual (Trigger Start)
- DevQuery Background Discovery Broker – Manual (Trigger Start).
This is the default Windows setting.
Hope something helps!
Other posts that will help you fix printer-related issues:
- Printer will not print, User Intervention Required
- Default Printer keeps changing
- Error 0x803C010B while troubleshooting Printers
- Print command opens Send to OneNote, Save As, Send Fax, etc., dialogue boxes
- Windows does not allow you to print more than 15 files.