This month, a new set of free games is coming to PlayStation Plus subscribers. Last month saw the likes “Day of the Tentacle Remastered,” “The Swindle” and “Titan Souls” become available for free download via Sony’s special subscription service. Starting next week, PS4, PS3 and PS Vita players will have free access to six new titles.
On Wednesday, Sony announced via the PlayStation blog the full lineup of games that will be available for all PS Plus members starting next Tuesday, Feb. 7. PlayStation Plus team’s James Hallahan assured gamers that they’ll have “a ton of gaming fun for such a short month.”
- “LittleBigPlanet 3” - PS4
Sony’s puzzle-platformer video game is headlining this month’s lineup. Hallahan lauds this title as “one of the most imaginative games on PlayStation” because of its adventure and the excitement it brings to players. The game puts players into an infinitely customizable world, called Imagisphere. Aside from playing with heroes OddSock, Swoop and Toggle, players can test out their own imaginative skills through the creations of the LBP Community.
- “Not a Hero” - PS4
Devolver Digital and Rollingmedia Limited’s third-person shooter is also one to watch out for. In this game, players get to act as professional assassin-turned-campaign manager Steve. The protagonist is tasked to clean up after his boss, mayoral candidate BunnyLord’s antics. The ultra-violent assassinations in the sidescrolling shooting game will keep one entertained for a long time.
- “Starwhal” - PS3, cross buy with PS4
Breakfall’s narwhal battle in space game may be retro, but it can still guarantee players with non-stop fun. The mechanics of the title is quite easy as one only needs to navigate around to tag the opponent’s heart while also protecting his heart from getting pierced. The action in this game is unrelenting, and it’s thanks to the marine mammals that are pitted against each other in outer space.
- “Anna – Extended Edition” - PS3
Kalypso Media’s puzzle video game is anything but boring. It may have simple mechanics, but it lures players to embark on a psychological horror narrative that is set in the Italian mountains. The game is procedurally generated, so players will be surprised to see location shifts based on their actions.
- “Ninja Senki DX” - PS Vita, cross buy with PS4
Tribute Games’ action, indie video game centers on revenge. When a clan’s princess, Kinuhime, is killed by a ninja demon, protagonist Hayate becomes obsessed with the idea of revenge. This 8-bit game boasts of a simple story and dated but colorful graphics that unexpectedly keeps one entertained.
- “Torquel” - PS Vita, cross buy with PS4
DullPowerSideAttack’s 2D rolling and extend platformer/action/puzzle game is very simple. It basically requires one to move and manipulate a cube to progress into the game. Apart from rolling and jumping however, the game also tests one’s ability to solve mind-bending puzzles.
- PS+ May 2017 Games Include 'Tales From The Borderlands' And 'Abzu'
- How to transfer a digital game from one Nintendo Switch to another
- Nintendo Switch VS. Xbox One: Which should you buy?
- 'Archangel' Hands-On Impressions: What Happens When A Movie Studio Makes Video Games?
- Nintendo Switch Games List: ‘Yooka-Laylee’, ‘Stardew Valley’ And More Indie Titles Coming In 2017
- March’s Games with Gold lineup includes Borderlands 2 and more
- Meet For Honor: the game with a life of its own that its creator had to relearn how to play
- Next 'Need For Speed' Is Slated To Arrive Before March 2018 And Will Be Most Exciting Yet, Says EA
- The best Xbox One games - 20 of this generation's must-play titles
- The 26 best indie games on PC and consoles