Payload mode is making a comeback to PUBG Mobile. According to the information shared on the official Twitter account, Payload 2.0 is set to arrive soon. While the official release date has not been confirmed, certain sources claim that it could arrive on October 10. If you remember, the Payload mode was first introduced back in October 2019. However, it was pulled down earlier this year. This will also be the first big addition to the game ever since PUBG Mobile 1.0 was released last month.
For those who don’t know, Payload is based on the classic battle royale mode with the addition of heavier weaponry as well as the ability to fly helicopters. The mode included the M3E1-A rocket launcher, the MGL, and M79 grenade launchers, and RPG-7. It also included the ability to revive a dead teammate by picking up their ID Card and taking it to the nearest radio tower, similar to what we have seen on Apex Legends.
According to the leaked cinematic trailer, Payload 2.0 is expected to expand the previous concept with the addition of new weapons, armed vehicles, and the ability to hunt enemies using remote-controlled UAV. We can see a new rocket launch that looks like the M202 and a new radar system that lets you scan your area for vehicles. All the vehicles have also been upgraded with mounted weapons including rocket launchers, heavy machine guns, flamethrowers, and more. Notably, Payload 2.0 will make use of the newly released Erangel 2.0 map and the Chinese version of the game (Game for Peace) has already received the new mode in beta.
Unlock fierce firepower in Payload 2.0!
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) October 6, 2020
Check out the leaked Payload 2.0 trailer (Credits: Mr Ghost Gaming)
Here’s everything new that you can expect on the Payload 2.0 update for PUBG Mobile:
- Portable radar: As mentioned above, players will be able to use this radar at any location. This radar will help players to scan for vehicles including cars, helicopters, and boats on the minimap and also helps in spotting approaching vehicles with enemies.
- UAV: The mode will also include a new UAV or unmanned aerial vehicle. Players can summon these using a remote device to take down enemies. Notably, the UAV will fly only in a specific direction and players can control the onboard missile launcher.
- Bomb suit: A special full-body armor, the bomb suit will be able to absorb a considerable amount of damage when it’s worn.
- New Weapons: Two new weapons are expected to make an appearance on Payload 2.0. First is the AT4-A laser-guided missile, where players can use a laser to pinpoint the exact location where they want the missile to land. The second weapon will be the M202 four-barreled rocket launcher, a high-speed launcher that can quickly fire rockets back-to-back.
- New Vehicles: All the vehicles now come with weapons including the UAZ, Dacia, Buggy, and the addition of the Pickup. These will come with flamethrowers, machine guns, rocket launchers, as well as the ability to use these cars in the water thanks to inbuilt floaties and propellers. There is also a new advanced helicopter armed with machine guns that can be used by the passengers.
- Special Base: The map will also include some new buildings that will have a high amount of loot as well as the above mentioned advanced helicopter.
The post PUBG Mobile to get Payload 2.0 with new weapons and armed vehicles appeared first on xda-developers.