In addition to the classic Remote Desktop app (mstsc.exe), Windows 10 includes a modern app, simply called ‘Microsoft Remote App’. It is a UWP app that receives updates from the Microsoft Store.. Microsoft has issued a new app version to Insiders with a ton of new features and improvements, including light and dark mode support, ARM64 support, and much more.
Microsoft describes the app as follows:
Use the Microsoft Remote Desktop app to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. The app helps you be productive no matter where you are. Getting Started Configure your PC for remote access first. Download the Remote Desktop assistant to your PC and let it do the work for you: https://aka.ms/RDSetup Learn more about the different remote desktop apps at: https://aka.ms/rdapps
Microsoft has updated the Store app to version
10.2.1519. The change log comes with the following highlights:
- Rewrote the client to use the same underlying RDP core engine as the iOS, macOS, and Android clients.
- Added support for the Azure Resource Manager-integrated version of Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Added support for x64 and ARM64.
- Updated the side panel design to full screen.
- Added support for light and dark modes.
- Added functionality to subscribe and connect to sovereign cloud deployments.
- Added functionality to enable backup and restore of workspaces (bookmarks) in release to manufacturing (RTM).
- Updated functionality to use existing Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tokens during the subscription process to reduce the number of times users must sign in.
- Updated subscription can now detect whether you’re using Windows Virtual Desktop or Windows Virtual Desktop (classic).
- Fixed issue with copying files to remote PCs.
- Fixed commonly reported accessibility issues with buttons.
As of now, it is only available to Insider. You can try your luck by visiting the following Store page.
For existing users, the update should be delivered automatically via the Microsoft Store.
Source: Windows Central