Windows 10 ships with many default apps. One of them is the Weather app. The Weather app, as the name says it all, brings you the weather information.
The Weather app works great almost all the time. But if you have issues with the Weather app, you can reset or reinstall the Weather app to fix its issues.
Following are the two ways to reset/reinstall the Weather app.
Reset/reinstall the Weather app in Windows 10
Reset the Weather app when it’s not working properly. For instance, if the Weather app is not opening or loading data, you can try resetting the Weather app.
Step 1: Open the Settings app. Click Apps and then click Apps & features.
Step 2: Scroll down the apps list to see Weather app entry. Click on it to see Advanced options link. Click Advanced options link.
Step 3: In the Reset section, click the Reset button.
Starting with Windows 10 Spring Creators Update (v1803), resetting will reinstall the app. You will lose all Weather app data saved on your PC.
Click the Reset button again to complete the reset and reinstall job.
Method 2 of 2
Manually uninstalling Weather and then installing
If the above method did not help you to resolve the issue, you can manually uninstall the Weather app and then install a fresh copy of the same. Here is how to do that.
Step 1: Navigate to Settings app > Apps > Apps & features.
Step 2: Locate the Weather app entry, click on it and then click Uninstall button.
Step 3: Click the Uninstall button again when you see the confirmation dialog to uninstall the app.
Step 4: Open the Store app, search for MSN Weather app and then install it.
AccuWeather is another good weather app for Windows 10
- How to Sync Settings across devices in Windows 10
- Add User Accounts Desktop Context Menu In Windows 10
- You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps error in Windows 10
- [Windows 10 Tip] Remove Recently Used Images from Desktop Background History in Settings
- How to configure Windows 10 Privacy settings & options using Settings app
- Configure Internet Time (NTP) options in Windows 10
- How to configure language settings in Windows 10
- Protect your privacy on Windows 10 with ShutUp10
- Turn On New Mail Notification Banner & Sound In Windows 10
- How to Disable Number on Badge Notifications on Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10?