How do I connect a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse on my Mac? You just need to head into your system preferences.
Although your Mac comes with the Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse, both of which are Bluetooth devices, you may prefer the look and feel of something different. If you have opted for a third party Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse, it’s easy to set up, so follow along and we will show you how!
How to pair a Bluetooth mouse or keyboard with your Mac
- Click on the Apple logo in the top left corner of your screen. It looks like this .
- Click on System Preferences.
- Click on Bluetooth. It’s the funky-looking “B” in the blue oval.
- Click on the Turn on Bluetooth button if Bluetooth is not currently on.
- Put your Bluetooth device into pairing mode. The exact method for entering pairing mode varies by device, though most automatically enter pairing mode the first time they are turned on.
- Click on the Pair button beside the keyboard you want to pair.
- Click on the Pair button beside the mouse you want to pair.