How can I receive text messages on my Mac? Check out this guide!
Messages for macOS is great for chatting with friends using iMessage, but you can also use the app to receive standard SMS text messages relayed from your iPhone. As long as your iPhone and Mac are signed in to the same iCloud account.
How to turn on SMS Relay for your Mac
- Make sure you’re signed with the same Apple ID on both your iPhone and your Mac.
- Launch the Settings from the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Tap Text Message Forwarding.
- Tap the On/Off Switch next to your Mac’s name.
- If you are not using iCloud’s two-factor authentication, a code will appear in Messages on your Mac, which you should then enter on your iPhone when prompted.
- If you entered a code, hit Allow.