Chatty, an open-source Twitch chat client based on Java, has now reached the 0.8.6 release with some new features and bug fixes.
Twitch chat client for everyone who wants to try something new and different from the webchat, but doesn’t want the complexity of an IRC client or miss out on the Twitch specific features.
Chatty 0.8.6 features:
- Added new Notification system
- Added support for new sub messages
- Added button to sort some setting lists alphabetically
- Changed Emote Context Menu entry “Twitch Profile” to “Twitch Stream”
- Some other Settings Dialog and GUI improvements
- Made Addressbook mod commands channel setting case-insensitive
- Some debug output improvements
- custom commands and some fixes.
How to Install Chatty in Ubuntu:
The GetDeb repository maintains the latest Chatty packages for Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, and derivatives.
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “Terminal” from app menu. When it opens, run command to add the repository:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc)-getdeb apps" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/getdeb.list'
2. Then install the key via command:
wget -q -O - http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
3. Finally install the Chatty Twitch chat client via command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install chatty
To uninstall Chatty, simply run following command in terminal:
sudo apt remove chatty && sudo apt autoremove
The GetDeb repository can be removed/disabled by going to System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Other Software tab.