The Xbox Series X is Microsoft’s next big console, stealing the power crown from Sony’s PlayStation 5. It comes complete with ray-tracing realistic reflections and lighting, SSD speeds for world streaming and loading, and a far more powerful CPU. 4K resolution with 60 frames per second should become the norm. Microsoft is also launching a more affordable version, dubbed the Xbox Series S. Additionally, your best Xbox One headset will work on the Xbox Series S and X consoles. Beyond that, almost any accessory will work on the Xbox Series S and X, actually. To that end, we’ve collated the best Xbox headsets we’ve tested and ones that we have confirmed to be compatible with the Xbox Series X and S, as approved by their manufacturers. These are the best Xbox Series X, Series S Headsets.
Best Xbox Series X, Series S Headsets 2020
- LucidSound LS35X — Best Overall: An epic soundscape meets great, comfortable design, airy, cooling earcups, and great wireless features.
- Astro A50 — Best Versatility: The Astro A50 isn’t cheap, but the excellent recharge dock and a huge array of features make them a top-shelf choice.
- Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 — Best Wired: Great comfort, build quality, and beefy sound make these a great pick.
- Turtle Beach Stealth 700 — Best Budget Bluetooth: If you want to combo Bluetooth and Xbox wireless, this is an epic choice.
- LucidSound LS50X — Best Premium: If you want a top-line headset that combines Bluetooth and Xbox wireless, this is the best you can buy.
- SteelSeries Arctis 1 — Best Value Wireless: You can grab an entry-level wireless headset for $100 thanks to the lovely SteelSeries Arctis 1.
- HyperX CloudX — Best Value: While there are cheaper headsets out there, the cheapest high-quality headset that will actually last is the HyperX CloudX, with strong materials and great audio.
- Corsair HS75 XB — Best Pure Sound: If you simply want the best sound you can get with no extra frills, look no further than the absurdly good Corsair HS75 XB.
Best Xbox Series X/S Headset Overall: LucidSound LS35X
The LucidSound LS35X is a stunning example of what is achievable at the upper echelons of accessory design. From the materials and construction to the comfort, audio, and features, the LS35X is a winner on every front.
The LS35X was the first headset to use Microsoft’s Xbox wireless signal for connectivity, replacing all wires and dongles. It sports an impressive all-day battery life, rechargeable via USB, and comes with on-ear controls for muting, audio mixing, and volume. All of the controls and dials are subtly placed. A detachable microphone with an LED mute light completes the package, with above-average audio quality for headsets in this category.
My favorite aspect of the LS35X is the coolant gel in the earcups, which is simply sublime on the ears, especially in warmer environments. The soundscape is no slouch either, with stunning, punchy sound balanced well between immersion and tactical accentuation. This is simply a tremendou