During your travels in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Link will pick up all sorts of armor, from the basic clothes he gets when he first wakes up to some of the most practical (and coolest) garb in the game. Every piece of armor has its benefits and special effects but did you know you can upgrade them and make them stronger?
Armor in Breath of the Wild is used to increase Link’s defense in battle but you can raise that defense even further by finding and visiting Great Fairies. Great Fairies are giant fairies that live on rupees, and can grant great power to those who give them what they want.
In Breath of the Wild,there are multiple Great Fairies who can upgrade your armor if you give them the necessary materials to do so. Each Great Fairy is different and they can offer different upgrades to armor, so you’ll want to find each one if you can.
Players will also need to pay to unlock them. The price depends on the unlock order; 100 rupees -> 500 -> 1000 -> 10,000.
Certain NPCs actually have sidequests for Link that involve searching for one of the Great Fairy locations, so if you find one of those NPCs, they’ll give you a hint as to where it is. Once you do find the location, Great Fairy Spring will appear on the map.
Here is a list of locations where players can find the Great Fairy Spring in Hyrule (note: this list is still being compiled).
GREAT FAIRY LOCATIONS
Great Fairy Fountain
– Northeast of Kakariko Village
– a man in town will have a sidequest for you to look for this Fountain
Near Piper Ridge on a cliff
– a man in the Tabantha Bridge Stable will have a sidequest for you with more information
Mija’s Great Fairy Fountain
– Walking distance to the south of Tarrey Town on the east shore of Lake Akkala
Tera’s Great Fairy Fountain
– In the southwest corner of the Gerudo Desert, under the Gerudo Great Skeleton.
Can’t get enough Breath of the Wild ? Check out more of our articles and guides about the game.
- Review: Expansive World, Epic Story Makes This A Must-Own
- Beginner’s Guide: Everything You Need To Know To Survive In Hyrule
- Battle Guide: Tips On How To Take Down Your Enemies
- Horse Guide: How To Tame And Ride Horses And Other Animals
- Breath Of The Wild Amiibo: Here’s Every Function For Every Figure
- Six Gifts For ‘Zelda’ Fans Under $25
- Beginner Item Guide: Here’s The Stuff You Shouldn’t Sell
- Master Sword: Where To Find Link’s Greatest Weapon
- Heart Containers Guide: How And Where To Upgrade Your Health And Stamina
- Memory Map: All 18 Locations For Link’s Lost Memories