[Tip] User Color Filters in Windows 10 for Improved Visibility
If you have some vision problems or if you have color blindness (color vision deficiency), a new feature introduced in newer Windows 10 versions will definitely help you.
Windows 10 now comes with a new feature called "Color Filter" which helps users seeing things on their computer screen more clearly. Some color blind people can't differentiate between various colors and the most popular form of color blindness is the Red-Green color blindness. Other types of color blindness such as Blue-Yellow and total color blindness are rare.
The "Color filters" feature in Windows 10 has been designed to help color blind people suffering from popular color blindness forms such as Deuteranopia, Protanopia and Tritanopia. This feature also helps people having eyes sensitive to lights.
Even if you don't have any vision problem or color blindness, you may still like and use this new feature in Windows 10. Many times this feature can help you in working on your computer at nights.
To use "Color filters" feature, you need to follow a few simple steps mentioned below:
1. Open Start Menu and click on Settings option. It'll open Settings app. Alternatively, you can direct open Settings app using WIN+I hotkey.
2. Now click on "Ease of Access" icon and in left-side pane, click on "Color & high contrast" section.
PS: Alternatively, You can directly launch the "Color & high contrast" page using "ms-settings:easeofaccess-highcontrast" command in RUN dialog box as mentioned here.
3. Now you'll see "Color filters" section. Under "Apply color filter" option, set the toggle button to ON.
That's it. It'll immediately turn on color filter feature.
4. By default, the "Grayscale" filter is selected. You can select other filters using the "Choose a filter" drop-down box. The available color filters are as following:
- Greyscale Inverted
First 3 color filters are given for light sensitive people and the rest 3 filters are given for color blind people.
5. If you want to disable colors filter feature, simply set the "Apply color filter" toggle to OFF.
Windows 10 also provides a global hotkey to quickly turn on/off color filter feature. Just press Win+Ctrl+C keys together to enable/disable colors filter feature anytime without any need to open Settings app.