A new report claiming to be based upon "very reliable sources within AMD’s Headquarters," says that AMD will release three enthusiast RX Vega graphics card SKUs on 5th June. A few days earlier, at its press conference on 31st May, at Computex, AMD will launch these graphics cards, alongside information about its HEDT Ryzen processors.
Tech site Digiworthy is claiming to have the scoop on a trio of AMD RX Vega graphics cards launching to go head-to-head against Nvidia's top GeForce gaming cards. The AMD RX Vega Core ($399), RX Vega Eclipse ($499), and RX Vega Nova ($599) are calculating assassins aiming to take out the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, GTX 1080, and GTX 1080 Ti respectively. AMD's new RX Vega line will be priced to be exciting alternatives to their Nvidia rivals while providing similar or better performance says Digiworthy.
In GPUs AMD is not a natural 'value' player, so we won't be surprised that it doesn't undercut Nvidia pricing to be attractive to enthusiasts. In this way it's not going to be like the Ryzen CPU launches. However, we can still hope for better performance than the respective rival targets - these are AMD's 'latest and greatest' after all, and Nvidia isn't going to sit still with its own refinements and developments.
Despite the leak's 'very reliable' AMD HQ source, we don't get much in the way of tech details this time around. Perhaps the leak comes from a department close to retail like the marketing or PR dept.
Remember to take this kind of unconfirmed information with a pinch of salt or two. The true AMD RX Vega facts, tech details, availability and pricing info, and even independent hardware reviews should be available before Q2 2017 is out.
- Report says Nintendo Switch has 6.2-inch 720p multi-touch screen
- ‘Clash Royale’ Update Brings New Cards Including Mega Knight, Cannon Cart And More: Find Out All The June Update Details Here
- NVIDIA Announces Destiny 2 Bundle for GeForce GTX 1080 & 1080 Ti Cards
- AMD Announces Radeon Pro WX 3100 & WX 2100: Entry-Level Polaris Pro Cards
- How to sell your old games to Amazon for credit toward new games
- Facebook to Debut Original TV Programs as Early as Next Month
- Nintendo Switch Mario And Rabbids Crossover Game Is Coming, Report Says
- ‘Dragon Quest XI’ And ‘Monster Hunter’ Nintendo Switch Release Dates Planned For 2018
- 28 best free software downloads for your laptop
- Sapphire introduces the Radeon PULSE family of graphics cards