Update OnePlus 3 to Oxygen OS 3.5.5 community build firmware. Recently the well known Chinese brand One Plus rolled out the latest community build version 3.5.5 for their flagship smartphone OnePlus 3. This open beta update is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. But the question still remains when the OnePlus 3 Nougat update comes live. Many One Plus 3 users are desperately waiting for the Android 7.0 Nougat OS for their phones, but it seems they need to wait for some more time.
Till then you can enjoy this latest Android M update which comes with some crucial improvements in features, functionalities and system UI as well. The first new feature included in this update is FileDash which offers the ability to easily transfer files between not only One Plus phones but also other devices. So you don’t need to install those third party apps like Shareit, Xender etc. for sharing purposes.
Another interesting feature added is the ability to switch launcher layouts. It comes with Standard layout and Simplified layout. Standard layout is the normal android native style with all app drawers while Simplified layout includes simple style, without app drawer where all the apps appear on the home screen itself.
Some more features include Google Maps integration with which you can share your location details via messages. With the new features of personalized ringtones it is quite easy to set different ringtone for your every contact.
One more ability included is to view the entire call history of a particular selected contact. Last but not least, this latest update also includes a OnePlus Community App which can always keep you updated with the community world. Moreover it comes with some bug fixes, performance improvements and improved stability.
The most important thing to be remembered before flashing this update is that users will stop receiving official OTAs after installing this community build. So those users need to manually flash back to official builds to continue receiving official OTAs. Also note that this update will be available over-the-air only if you have the previous build OxygenOS Open Beta 3.5.4 installed. Let’s have a look at the detailed firmware information.
Device: OnePlus 3
Version: Android 6.0.1 3.5.5 Community Build
Build date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016
File size:1.4 GB
MD5 hash: 90a57271ee42d7ee442fec6d4c000aca
Note that this latest Oxygen OS 3.5.5 community build based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow must be flashed only on OnePlus 3. Do not try to install this update on any other phone or variant as it may result into unwanted outcomes or bricked device. So confirm your device first and then proceed further.
- Charge your OnePlus 3 at least up to 60% so as to reduce the interruption risk due to lack of battery power.
- Flashing this update will not wipe your phone data. However, it is still recommended that you take a backup of your entire phone data in case something goes wrong.
- Ensure that you’ve enabled the USB debugging mode on your phone. If not, then do so by following the path Menu->Settings->Developer options ->USB debugging. If you don’t see Developer option then go to Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build number. This will make the Developer option appear in the Settings menu.
- Install mobile specific USB drivers on your computer so as to detect your One Plus 3 when connected via USB data cable. You can manually install them from link given below:
- Optional: Temporarily disable all the security related tools as well as antivirus that is installed on your computer. They may interrupt the flashing process.
Procedure to install Oxygen OS 3.5.5 on OnePlus 3:
Step 1: Download the firmware file on your Computer/Mac. Transfer the file to your Desktop and rename it to oxygenos3.5.5.zip.
Step 2: Then reboot your OnePlus 3 into recovery mode.
Step 3: For doing so, firstly power off your OnePlus 3 phone completely.
Step 4: Then press and hold the ‘Volume down key + Power Button’ simultaneously until you land into recovery mode.
Step 5: Now select the English language.
Step 6: Then on the next screen click on the Install from USB/ADB option.
Step 7: On the next screen tap on OK to continue.
Step 8: This will land you into Sideload mode.
Note: If you have custom recovery like TWRP installed on your phone then follow the steps given below for flashing Oxygen recovery:
- Download the OnePlus 3 OxygenOS recovery image file.
- Then copy that recovery file on your phones internal memory inside TWRP folder.
- Now boot your OnePlus 3 into TWRP recovery mode.
- To do so, switch off your phone first. Then press and hold the ‘Volume down key + Power Button’ simultaneously until you land into TWRP recovery mode.
- Click on the Install option.
6. Then navigate to the TWRP folder and select it.
7. In TWRP folder, click on the option called Install Image.
8. Now this will show you the recovery.img file which you copied earlier.
9. Click on the recovery.img file and then select recovery option in the select partition to flash image section.
10. Now swipe to start the oxygen recovery flashing process.
This will flash the Oxygen recovery on your OnePlus 3 smartphone.
Step 9: Using original USB data cable, connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/MAC .
Step 10: On your desktop, hold Shift button of your keyboard. By holding shift button, right click on empty space. From the list, choose Open command window here option. This will launch the command window.
Step 11: In the command window, type the following commands and hit enter:
As soon as you press enter key, you’ll see a message saying ‘List of devices attached’ along with random numbers. This will confirm that your One Plus 3 has successfully connected to your PC/MAC.
Note: If such thing doesn’t happen then re-install the USB drivers. If the problem still persists then change the USB cable or USB port.
Step 12: Now type the next command and press enter:
adb sideload oxygenos3.5.5.zip
./adb sideload oxygenos3.5.5.zip
This will initiate the actual firmware flashing process. Be patient and wait until the process completes successfully.
Step 13: As soon as the process completes, reboot your One Plus 3 to enjoy the fresh new Oxygen OS 3.5.5 community build firmware update.
That’s all! Your One Plus 3 smartphone has been successfully updated to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Oxygen OS 3.5.5 community build firmware. You can confirm the same from Menu->Settings->About Phone. Enjoy and experience the all new Android M on your One Plus 3. Also I’d be glad to hear your views and opinions after using it. Last but not the least if you come across any difficulty while going through the process, let me know through the comments section mentioned below. Till then enjoy! ?