Today, Apple had seen fit to release the fifth beta of its upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 to developers. Moreover, watchOS 4.1 still rests in the beta phase itself. We have already seen that the upcoming firmware update for the Apple Watch will add support for Apple Music streaming as well as stream content from a user’s iCloud Music Library. Now, a leaked image of the watchOS 4.1 Golden Master release note suggests that the streaming music feature will indeed be part of the update when it reaches the general public. So let’s dive in to see some more details on the subject.
Apple To not Add Apple Pay Cash In iOS 11.1? Suggest watchOS 4.1 GM Leak Release Notes
Developer Guilherme posted the watchOS 4.1 GM leaked release notes on Twitter. Even though a lot of information is confirmed at this point, there’s a lot that still needs to be known. For instance, through the leaked release notes, we got to know that Apple is also adding support for GymKit. GymKit is a huge feature that Apple gave us details on at its iPhone X event alongside the announcement of the Apple Watch Series 3 earlier this year. If you’re interested, check out the entire changelog
- Stream music on Apple Watch Series 3 with Apple Music or iCloud Music Library
- Listen to live radio on Beats 1, custom stations, and expert-curated stations with the new Radio app on Apple Watch Series 3
- Use Siri to find, discover, and play songs, playlists, or albums
- Sync fitness data with GymKit-enabled treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, and indoor bikes for more accurate distance, pace, and energy burn metrics
- Ability to disconnect from a Wi-Fi network in Control Center for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular)
- Fixes an issue for Apple Watch Series 1 and later where Heart Rate notifications were delivered when the feature was not enabled
- Fixes an issue where some users did not receive Stand Reminders
- Resolves an issue where the current Stand hour indicator did not appear for some users
- Resolves an issue that [was] caused haptics to not be delivered for silent alarms
- Addresses an issue that prevented Apple Watch (1st generation) from charging for some users
- Resolves an issue where the Sunrise / Sunset complication would sometimes not appear
- Restores Mandarin as the default dictation language for China
Apple is also said to bring its highly anticipated Apple Pay Cash to the Apple Watch. Apple lists that the feature will be available to users this fall but the release notes detail no such thing. However, we still expect the company to release the feature soon with watchOS 4.1. In addition to this, the update also includes a Radio app and much more, so di check it out if you haven’t already.
watchOS 4.1 GM release notes pic.twitter.com/1iUZh9CdaK
— Guilherme Rambo (@_inside) October 25, 2017
This is it for now folks. What are your thoughts on the leaked watchOS 4.1 GM? Do you think Apple Pay Cash will arrive with iOS 11.1 or watchOS 4.1? Share your views with us in the comments.
The post watchOS 4.1 GM Leak Confirms Apple Music Streaming But No Apple Pay Cash With iOS 11.1 appeared first on Wccftech.