- Rogers is a Canadian ISP. Unfortunately, many online users report that it’s blocking their access to certain websites.
- Check out the best solutions to access blocked websites, whether they were blocked by Rogers ISP or because of other reasons.
- Visit our VPN Troubleshooting Hub if you’re experiencing any issues with your VPN.
- Go back to our Unblocking section to see what else you can unblock with a VPN.
VPN Summer sale (83% off!)
Last chance to catch this awesome VPN deal: 1.99$ per month for the Surfshark VPN (available only this week). Surfshark VPN comes with the following features:
- GPS spoofing
- Unlimited devices to use on
- Fastest servers
- Grab the deal
Owned by Rogers Communications, Rogers is an Internet service provider that operates in Canada. Unfortunately, many users have reported that they can’t access specific sites and suspect that the Rogers ISP is blocking them.
If you’re one of them, you might be tempted to drop this ISP and find a more reliable Internet service provider. Before doing that, however, check out our simple instructions below to bypass Rogers blocks and access any website on your computer.
Use a premium VPN
- Get a subscription plan for a premium VPN (we suggest PIA).
- Download and install the VPN app on your PC.
- Launch the app and sign in with your VPN credentials.
- Connect to a VPN server.
- Try accessing the blocked website.
Using a dependable VPN is one of the best ways to access blocked websites by bypassing ISP blocks, even if your ISP is Rogers. The reason why we recommended PIA in our example above is that it’s the best VPN overall.
Created by Kape Technologies, you can use Private Internet Access (PIA) to avoid geoblocks, bypass firewalls, and view restricted content on the web. It hides your IP address and encrypts your data, thus concealing your browsing activity from your ISP.
If Rogers can’t see what websites you access, it can no longer block them. PIA uses OpenVPN with up to 256-bit military-grade encryption, exclusive DNS servers to protect your DNS queries and a kill switch.
More about PIA:
- Protects up to 10 devices
- A zero-logging policy
- No IP or DNS leaks
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Private Internet Access
Hide your browsing activity from your ISP to access websites blocked by Rogers using this trustworthy VPN.
$2.85/mo. Buy it now
Change your web browser
If you can’t access a specific website, it might not be Rogers ISP’s fault but your web browser’s. To put this theory to the test, consider using a different web browser. It’s free, after all.
If you want our advice, go with Opera. It’s a high-speed web browser that puts great emphasis on online privacy and security. Besides, it has an integrated VPN service that you can use for free, so it’s like killing two birds with one stone.
Switch to this reliable web browser to access blocked sites if Rogers ISP is not at fault.
On the other hand, if you want to maximize your online privacy, download Tor Browser. It works differently from a VPN because it redirects your network traffic through multiple servers to make sure you can’t be traced. It’s an excellent choice for accessing websites blocked by your government.
Disable ad blockers and other addons
A lot of websites don’t load properly (or at all) if you have an ad blocker enabled. Similarly, you might face functionality issues caused by your web browser’s extensions.
Before pointing a finger at Rogers ISP because you can’t access a certain website, try disabling your ad blocker and any other browser addons. It might just do the trick.
Check your DNS settings
By default, your ISP is responsible for processing your DNS requests. However, if its DNS servers are not working properly, this might be the reason why websites get blocked.
Fortunately, you can change the DNS servers of your computer and set custom DNS servers. If you have a reliable VPN like Private Internet Access installed, you can use its exclusive DNS servers to unblock websites on the web.
You should also flush your DNS and reset Winsock:
- Launch CMD as admin.
- Type the following code (press Enter between each line):
NETSH winsock reset catalog
NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log
NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log
- Restart your PC.
Disable parental controls
All modern routers have a parental control feature to prevent children from accessing websites with inappropriate content, like the ones promoting violence, drugs, or pornography. Make sure to access your router’s admin panel and turn off the parental control feature.
Otherwise, you might have a parental control software application installed on the PC that prevents you from accessing certain websites. For example, some Internet security packages incorporate both antivirus and parental control components.
Use a proxy server or Internet circumvention tool
- Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall.
- Access the blocked website by IP address instead of URL.
- Check the system Hosts file for blocked domains.
- Make sure to update your drivers and operating system.
- Check out Wayback Machine or Google Cache.
- Use Google Translate or an RSS reader.
- Switch to the site’s mobile version.
In conclusion, if you can’t access specific websites because they were blocked by Rogers ISP or due to other reasons, you can use the methods above to get around this issue and view restricted content on the web.