Want to check your IP address, listening ports, or local network devices but hate Linux commands? Well, What IP is a simple graphical tool to do the job.
What IP is a free open-source tool written in Python 3 with GTK+ 3 framework. The software features:
- Display public, local, and a virtual interface’s IP addresses,
- Display the public IP location,
- List the ports listening on your system, and check if they’re publicly reachable,
- List all devices on local network.
display ip address
How to Install What IP in Ubuntu:
- 1.) Install flatpak framework by running command:
sudo apt install flatpak
- 2.) Add flathub repository via command:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
- 3.) Finally install the tool via command:
flatpak install flathub org.gabmus.whatip
(Optional) To remove What IP flatpak package, run command:
flatpak uninstall flathub org.gabmus.whatip