The latest Inkscape 0.9.22 has been released at 07 August 2017. This release comes with more stability, a lot of fixes, and contribution is now easier because Inkscape development has been moved to GitLab. This article also includes a PPA to install Inkscape 0.9.22 for Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, until 17.10 Artful Aardvark. Now time to install it and enjoy!
- New ‘X’ handle in the center of rectangle, ellipse, and stars while you use Node Tool to ease object moving. See animation below.
- Custom shortcut key on each tooltip for toolbox is now respected, shown on tooltip once you changed it (restart Inkscape to see the change).
- Better stability in saving & reverting changes.
- Better import/export for file formats such as PDF, PDF+LaTeX, Visio Stencil, WMF/EMF (Windows Meta File), and XML.
- And many more! Read changelog links below for complete info.
Visit Inkscape New Home!
The development of Inkscape happened by years at Launchpad with bazaar (see https://launchpad.net/inkscape, the old home). But now (since June), Inkscape development has been moved to GitLab with git, the most popular VCS today. Visit Inkscape’s new home at https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape.
For Ubuntu users who want to install it, here’s an unofficial PPA to install latest Inkscape 0.92.2:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:inkscape.dev/stable-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install inkscape
To compare the versions between the PPA’s and the official’s, do:
apt-cache policy inkscape
I can confirm this PPA works on Ubuntu 17.10 “Artful Aardvark” and also it currently provides 0.9.22 for 17.04, 16.10, 16.04 LTS, 15.04, and 14.04 LTS.
- https://launchpad.net/inkscape/+milestone/0.92.2 (complete changelog)
- http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Release_notes/0.92.2 (complete changelog)