Java is one of those OOPs based languages, along with Python and C++, that’s in demand right now. So, if you want to ride the bandwagon and use the language, you must download it on your system. Not only that, there are a lot of games, websites, and apps that won’t run on your system if you don’t have Java installed on it. That’s why we are here to answer from where to download Java 64-bit and 32-bit for Windows 11/10?
What is Java?
Download Java 64-bit and 32-bit for Windows 11/10
To download Java 64-bit and 32-bit on your computer, you need to follow the given steps.
- Visit www.java.com and then click on the Download tab.
- Click Agree and Start Free Download and your download will begin.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to install Java JRE on your computer.
As simple as it gets.
If you are a developer and want to install Java SE Development Kit then go to Oracle.com and download the one for your Operating System. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer.
Remove Java from Windows PC
Sometimes, it is required to remove all the older versions of Java. But you need to make sure that you are removing them completely and in this section, we are going to see how to do the same. There are two ways by which you can remove Java completely from Windows PC. They are.
- Using Java Uninstall Tool
- From Settings
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Using Java Uninstall Tool
Let us start with a utility provided by Java, i.e; Uninstall Tool. You can easily install Java Uninstall Tool from java.com and then use it to remove Java from your computer. After uninstalling the language it is advisable to restart your computer.
2] From Settings
If you don’t want to install anything then you need to use Windows Settings to remove Java from your system. Follow the given steps to do the same.
- Open Settings by Win + I.
- Go to Apps and look for Java.
- Windows 10: Select Java and click Uninstall. Windows 11: Click on the three vertical dots and select Uninstall.
Then restart your computer and you will be good to go.
How do you check my Java is 32 bit or 64 bit?
You can use the Command Prompt to check if you are using Java 32-bit or 64-bit. It is an easy step, just open CMD with administrative privileges.
Now, paste the following command.
java -d64 -version
If it says that something like the following error message.
Error: This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.
Then this means that you are using a 32-bit variant. If you are using a 64-bit variant, then it give you information about the Java installed on your system.
What are the system requirements for Java?
Java is a programming language and to install it you don’t need tons of bells and whistles, and we are going to prove it. Your computer just needs to meet the following requirements and you will be good to go.
- Operating system: Windows 7 or above, Server 2008, Server 2012 (including R2)
- Architecture: Both 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: 128 MB or above
- Space: 124 MB or more for JRE (Java Runtime Environment) + 2 MB for Java Update
- Processor: Intel Pentium II 266 MHz CPU or above
- Browsers: Internet Explorer versions 9 and higher, Mozilla Firefox
So, as you can see that specs are not an option. Most modern computers will be able to run Java JRE perfectly without any hassle.