“When you put all that weight in the top of the product, it’s like 1.57 pounds on the top, you have to balance that out with base. That’s the key. Every single trade-off in the product, how much battery you put in, how much battery you put down bottom, how do we hold to the 12-hour target that we set?” said Panay. In the end, the battery is split, though not evenly, between the base and top. The top gets four hours of battery life, and the bottom gets eight.
So, you get only 4 hours of battery life with the top. The good thing here is that you can charge the top separately without the need for the keyboard base. So, Surface Book top can act as a powerful tablet and can function without the need of keyboard base.
- Fix for Surface Pro 3 Battery Issues is on the Way, Microsoft Says
- Razer Power Bank can charge your laptop, phone and tablet
- ASUS Transformer Mini now available for order in the US
- GIGABYTE Aero 14: Thin Gaming Laptop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M and 10-Hour Battery Life
- How Microsoft Surface Book 'scarcity' will raise the fortunes of every OEM partner
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 vs Surface Book
- Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 to get custom sleeves from WaterField Designs
- How to get more life from your laptop or tablet battery
- Best Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Surface Book and Surface Book 2 in 2018
- Full Throttle Remastered review