Are you a Wunderlist user? There is a brand new but unofficial Linux client for it – WunderlistUX.
Wunderlist is one of the popular To-Do list and tasks applications. But like so many other applications it lacks a Linux client, though they have clients for almost every other platform. WunderlistUX is created in order to bridge that gap.
It is not a fully native Linux application. Instead, WunderlistUX is just an Electron wrapper around the official web-app. Of course, you can always open the Wunderlist web-app in a browser window but an Electron wrapper adds a native feeling on top of it. Moreover, Electron apps can integrate well with native menus and notifications.
It works and looks just like the web-app. It is responsive as well. You can resize the window and it will adapt its interface.
Initially, it supported only Elementary OS theme, but later added support for Ambiance, Arc and others.
If you are Wunderlist user and was looking for a Linux client, you can give it a try. And if you notice any bug, you can submit an issue at the GitHub project.
WunderlistUX is not yet available through PPA or as a DEB package. So, the installation process is, sort of, manual.
- Download the latest *.tar.gz package from GitHub release page according to your CPU Architecture.
- Open a terminal in the download directory and run the following commands:
sudo mkdir /opt/wunderlistux sudo tar -zxf ./wunderlistux-*.tar.gz -C /opt/wunderlistux --strip-components=1 sudo sed -i 's/path/to/Wunderlistux-linux-x64/opt/wunderlistux/g' /opt/wunderlistux/wunderlistux.desktop sudo ln -s /opt/wunderlistux/wunderlistux.desktop /usr/share/applications/
And you’re done.
If you want to simplify the process a little bit, you can use this installation bash script:
wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/edipox/wunderlistux/master/bin/install.sh | sudo bash
That’s all. What do you think about this Wunderlist client for Linux? Let us know.
- Recent Linux App Updates Round-Up
- Vivaldi Browser Sees New Stable Release
- 7 Open Source Chrome Alternative Web Browsers For Linux
- Skype for Linux Alpha 1.13 brings the SMS feature to the app
- Here’s How Google Can Be Used From Linux Terminal
- Best Music Players For Linux Ubuntu
- Cloud Focused Linux Distros For People Who Breathe Online
- Wunderlist Electron App for Linux
- How To Check Top 10 CPU Consuming Process In Linux Ubuntu
- Install Go For It – A To-Do List For Linux Ubuntu